One moment of kindness can change everything!
“Every act of kindness creates a ripple with no end.” —Anonymous
Kindness costs nothing, takes little time, and could be the doorway that changes somebody’s life forever!
Ephesians 4:32 (ESV) says, “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you.”
Here is a list of 100 Acts of Kindness to get you started!
1. Give a compliment.
2. Smile and say hello to a stranger.
3. Let someone go ahead of you in line. (Keep an eye out for moms with kids or an elderly person.)
4. Paying for your coffee? Go ahead and pay $5 toward the person in line behind you.
5. Hide cards in library books.
6. Pick up litter at a park.
7. Do a favor for your neighbor, such as shoveling the snow in their driveway or raking their leaves.
8. Open the door for someone.
9. Compliment your server to their manager.
10. Ask someone how their day is going.
11. Bring donuts to your coworkers. If your coworkers are healthy eaters, bring a side of fruit as well!
12. Take canned goods to your local food bank.
13. Clean out your closet and donate items to a homeless shelter or a Dress for Success organization.
14. Write a good review for a local business.
15. Leave a great tip for your server. Gary and I have had waitresses break down into tears because they were so touched by this act of generosity! Talk about a great opportunity to share God’s love!
16. Send someone flowers.
17. Give someone a hug.
18. Offer to babysit for somebody.
19. Call an old friend.
20. Write a friendly note in sidewalk chalk to passersby.
21. Put a quarter in an expired meter.
22. Stop at a child’s lemonade stand.
23. Donate to someone’s cause through GoFundMe or Kiva.
24. Send thank you notes to soldiers overseas.
25. Volunteer to walk dogs at the local animal shelter.
26. Deliver a cup of coffee to someone.
27. Participate in a fundraiser.
28. Offer your expert services to someone for free.
29. Cook and deliver a meal.
30. Be a foster parent to children who need a home.
31. Leave a copy of a Bible on a plane or bus with a personal note.
32. Write a thank you note for your mail carrier.
33. Do some baking for a loved one.
34. Offer to take someone’s picture, and tell them they look beautiful.
35. Donate blood.
36. Treat someone to lunch.
37. Forgive someone.
38. Challenge a rumor instead of spreading it.
39. Say you’re sorry.
40. Plant a few butterfly-friendly plants like milkweed.
41. Call your mom or grandmother and see how their day is going.
42. Give your spouse a back massage.
43. Volunteer at a local pro-life organization.
44. Put change in the vending machine for someone else to use.
45. Make a bird feeder.
46. Leave encouraging notes around the house for your spouse.
47. Visit a nursing home.
48. Text somebody how thankful you are to have them in your life.
49. Go through the whole day without complaining.
50. Buy a movie ticket for the person behind you.
51. Donate coloring books and crayons to children in the hospital.
52. Plan a surprise birthday party for someone.
53. Plant a tree.
54. Hold the elevator for someone.
55. Lend a friend a book or movie.
56. Donate your hair to Locks of Love.
57. Hide money in unexpected places.
58. Knit someone a blanket or scarf.
59. Give your mail carrier water or Gatorade on hot days.
60. Bring homemade cookies to your local fire station with a thank you note.
61. Send a thank you note to your kid’s teacher.
62. Share an inspirational quote on social media.
63. Send an encouraging text to someone who is going through a hard time.
64. Invite someone for dinner.
65. Give somebody a gift card you don’t think you’ll use.
66. Bring your spouse breakfast in bed.
67. Put your phone away when you are with loved ones.
68. Ask someone if they need help with anything.
69. Print extra coupons when you take them to the store.
70. Volunteer to help someone move.
71. Let people merge in traffic.
72. Offer praise to a parent whose child is well behaved.
73. Donate books to the library.
74. Tell someone a joke.
75. Offer to help a host clean up after their party.
76. Call someone, instead of posting on social media, and wish them a happy birthday.
77. Serve meals to the homeless.
78. Tutor a student in need for free.
79. Chaperone a field trip.
80. Organize a bake sale for a charity.
81. Volunteer to lead story time at a local library.
82. Help register people to vote.
83. Offer to walk someone’s dog.
84. Leave spare change on a fountain.
85. Pick up and hang up clothes from another person’s fitting room.
86. Volunteer to greet people at church.
87. Donate fruit or veggies from your garden.
88. Leave post-it notes that read, “You’re beautiful” on the mirror of a public bathroom.
89. Send a romantic text to your spouse.
90. Make friendly conversation with a cashier.
91. Greet your family members at the door with a hug and kiss.
92. Offer to return someone else’s grocery cart.
93. Offer to go on a walk with someone who is trying to get healthier.
94. Volunteer to do arts and crafts with children who are hospitalized.
95. Send a handwritten letter to someone who has made a big impact on your life.
96. Be a mentor to someone in need of guidance.
97. Email an inspiring writer or blogger and thank them for their work.
98. Hide a love note in your spouse’s wallet or purse.
99. Introduce a coworker to a professional contact.
100. Gift someone a gratitude journal.